At Divemaster Scuba we believe all divers need what we call the 'Diver Safety Package'.
The Diver Safety Package is designed to give a divers all things they need to safely go diving and give them the tools to fix most problems underwater and underwater.
Our Diver safety package as standard consists of three main components:
1.DIR Zone 1.8m Surface Marker Buoy (SMB): SMB's are used to show the location of a diver for either the entire dive or the end of the dive when ascending to stop any boats coming near to divers aswell as to show your boat what is your location ready to be collected.
2.Halcyon Defender Pro 30m Spool: The defender spool is used in conjunction of our SMB to one give a visual reference when potentially ascending to the surface in the blue. It can also be used for helping a diver to find the exit of their dive in bad visibility or while penetrating a overhead environment
3.Eezycut Line Cutter this does exactly as described, it can be used to cut fishing line, fishing net and anything else that could cause entanglement or harm to a diver, this can also be used in a case of emergency if you are recovering an unconscious diver to cut the person out of their equipment.
Our package doesn't end here. below are extras that we recommend you having but aren't the most important:
1. DIR Zone Wetnotes: Wetnotes are underwater paper that can be written on while on the surface and underwater, this a great tool to have because it one allows you and your team to plan your dive/dives prior to the dive/dives and have a written note of it incase you forget. It also really opens up communication underwater so if you and your buddy team are confused with hand signals or don't have a hand signal for the particular thing you are trying to describe now you can just write it down and show each other.
2. Whistle: Whistles are used for attracting attention of either another diver, boat or surface support team while on the surface
3. Surface Flag: The surface flag is used for attracting attention when in the sea on the surface in big swells or for marking your self on the surface to be seen by boats ect
4. Jon Line: The Jon Line allow divers to stay at the same depth on a shot line and it keeps you from being pulled up and down by rough seas. This allows you to maintain a specific depth and close for safety stops while maintaining contact with the line.
5. Personal Location Beacon (PLB): If you are caught by a current on surface from your boat you can be hard to find in the even with a SMB or a surface flag but with the push of a button on the PLB lead AIS equipped ships directly to you within 1.5m of your location
6. Safety Strobe: The safety strobe can be attached to a shot line or a boat line to guide diver back to the exit in bad visibility or while night diving.