The SSI Cave Diving program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct cave penetration dives using the Rule of Fourths concept of gas management, at depths less than 40m using specialised cave diving equipment and procedures, with an equally-qualified dive buddy.
- Hold a Diver Stress and Rescue certification or equivalent.
- Hold an XR Cavern Diving certification or equivalent
- Hold an Advanced Open Water certification or equivalent.
- Have logged 50 dives.
- For CCR Extended Range Cave Diving (in addition to the above):
- Certified in CCR Extended Range on the unit being used. Have at least 35 dives and a minimum of 50 logged hours on the specific unit being used.
- Open Water Dives: 2 days
- Maximum Training Depth: 40 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
The minimum required student equipment for the Cave Diving program includes:
A complete Extended Range Total Diving System.
A suitable primary light and a minimum of two back-up lights.
Two reels or spools per diver (one should be a safety spool with a minimum of 45m of cave line). One primary line reel per dive team
Three line arrows and three non-directional cookies.
We will complete an academic development classroom session. You must complete a final exam with a passing score of 80%.
Pool sessions are held at Harvey Hadden Sports Village on a Friday evening at 7:30pm or alternate venues may be discussed.
Open Water training days will be at a local inland diving site.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on www.divessi.com to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and skill development 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with thorough de-briefing and feedback given at the end of each day.
As with all Divemaster Scuba XR Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials are included
- All Pool fees are included
- All consumables are extra.
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.
Cave Diving certification entitles the holder to dive on cave dives using specialised cave diving equipment and procedures, providing that dives are conducted in environments similar to those of the diver's training and experience.
A maximum of one tee may be passed.
The Rule of Fourths gas management concept must be applied to all dives.